What You Can Do to Help get a Complete Count
You can be an ambassador for the 2020 Census! Here’s what you can do to help us get a complete count.
- Be sure to complete your own census early and encourage your friends and family members to be counted.
- Download the City’s census information sheet and learn answers to common questions.
- Use your social media channels, like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, to spread the word about the importance of the census, and encourage others to share. You can follow the City’s social media to share our posts, too. See links at right.
- Share census information at your school, church, or civic group. The US Census Bureau offers a host of information sheets, posters, and more that you can download and print.
- Click here to view some of the many Census Outreach resources available.
- Volunteer to help out at one of the City’s Census Clinics, at which we will provide access to tablets or laptops for those who may not have access to the Internet so they can complete their census questionnaires on the spot. Click here to sign up for volunteer opportunities and to receive information about Census events.
If You are a Business Owner
The census is important for economic development in Fayetteville, as well. Census data:
• Provides the basis for distributing grants for economic development and informs business decisions, such as local business expansion.
• Creates projections of growth and helps identify prime locations to open new operations.
• Helps business owners enhance hiring practices and identify skilled workers.
• Offers valuable information on your customer base, including income levels, household size, and home ownership, which can further inform business strategies such as pricing and locations.
• Determines how much funding your community receives and its representation in government.
If you are a business owner, you can post census information in your place of business and on your website, and encourage your employees to complete their own census questionnaires.
If you are part of a larger company, you can encourage your company to become a 2020 Census Partner, including social media campaigns, presentations to your employees or peers, dissemination of information to your clients or customers, and more. Click here for more information on becoming a Company Partner.